Wednesday, November 5, 2008

For the History Books...

Proud to be an American!

Claire and I watching Obama's acceptance speech. I had tears in my eyes!

Claire was with Grammy and Papa Jim yesterday so they took her with them to the polls. What an exciting and historic day! I look forward to telling Claire when she is older about the first presidential election in her lifetime and about our nation's first African-American president. I am so hopeful about how we can change this country with Obama as our president. White, Black, Democrat, or Republican I think we can all say that we made history yesterday!


Claire had so much fun with Grammy and Papa Jim the past couple days! Here's a picture of her in my dress that I wore on my 1st birthday. I love this picture and how happy she looks!
When Grammy dropped her off today, we were standing by the door waving and I was saying "bye-bye Grammy, bye-bye!" All of a sudden Claire said "ba-ba ba-ba!" AND she now says "dada" when I point to Rob or a picture of Rob and ask "who is this?"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG !!!
just too patriotic and cute for words. . .how did you stick the red, white and blue ribbon to her hair? Uncle Mike and I are really enjoying this "spot", and the bee and Obama pix have been especially special to us.

Love you all
Annie and Mike