Saturday, July 9, 2011

We love Chick-fil-A!


Yesterday was "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick-fil-A and I was so glad my friend Mere gave me the heads up about this because we had such a fun time! When you dress "head to hoof" you each get a free dinner! I couldn't believe Rob agreed to doing it (what he'll do for his child.....and free chick-fil-a!) So I spent a couple hours in the afternoon running around the house looking for supplies to make our cow costumes. I had tears running down my face I was laughing so hard at us getting dressed in the parking lot. It was slightly less embarrassing once we saw that there were TONS of other people dressed up. Claire even enjoyed some fries and ate a bite or 2 of her chicken - YAY! (I know I shouldn't get so excited about her eating fast food, but man is it hard to take her out places when she won't eat anything!) She was mostly looking forward to her chocolate milk.


After dinner I told her she could play in the kids' area. She was a trooper and bravely went down the slide twice while tons of kids who were entirely too big and old for the play area were crashing around. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I saw how rough they were playing. I had to be "that mom" for a minute and tell the kids to stop running up the slide so that my kid could get down. They got completely silent. You could hear a pin drop. And then you heard Claire say "mommy, I'm trying." I swooped her out of there and told her that I was proud of her for playing so nicely. What were those other parents thinking letting their kids run around like that?! Ugh. Anyway, all in all it was a really fun night and Claire thought it was great fun to dress up like a cow and get chocolate milk! :-)

No comments: