Sunday, June 17, 2012

7 months!

 
Our little guy is going to be T.R.O.U.B.L.E.  He is already into everything, army crawling all over the place (usually making a beeline for electrical cords, remotes, dog toys, Claire's shoes, or anything else that he really shouldn't be playing with) and gets so frustrated when he can't do what he wants to do.  He's sitting up, but hasn't figured out how to get from sitting to crawling so he just face-plants and then can move around.  He isn't quite crawling yet, but I don't see that as being too far away.  YIKES! 

He's got 2 bottom teeth, although 1 of them I call the "mega tooth" - I don't know if it's really 2 teeth that are going to shift apart or if they fused or what?!  I guess I'll need to talk to the ped about that.  I never know if it's teething or if he's just tired, but the boy can really be cranky at times.  We have a hard time keeping him happy, especially in the later afternoon.  All he has to do though is flash that smile and he's back in our good graces  :-)

He has eaten everything we've given him to try (avocados, green beans, puffs, peaches, prunes...too many to name.)  Meal times are not very fun though because he kind of growls through the whole thing.  Maybe he's just mad that I'm not shoveling it in fast enough?  I can't wait for him to be able to feed himself!

Still getting up once at night to nurse....I have no idea when that will phase out.  As hard as it is to get out of bed, I do enjoy that peaceful time with him.  As long as he will go back to sleep, I am happy.  I am dreading the day that he decides to just stay up for the day at 5 a.m. like his sister used to do!!  (Surely one of these kids will enjoy sleeping in like their Daddy!!)  Naps are still hit and miss like they've always been.  45minutes - 1 hour twice a day is pretty normal.

I know he's growing like a weed because he's into 9 month clothes now and his pajamas are getting too short!  He mostly likes to roll around on the floor and "play" but he really loves the Johnny Jump-Up!  My favorite thing is to watch him jumping while Claire is running around and the 2 of them are laughing like crazy.


No comments: