Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day & 15 months

We love holidays around here!  My ideas for decorations took a bit of a back seat due to some home improvement projects, but I still had fun doing some Valentinesy things with the kiddos. 
This year Claire got a "love note" each morning on the pantry door in the kitchen.  She really looked forward to seeing them and even hinted a couple times about what she wanted on her love note.  It was also really fun to see the Valentines she made for other people - she is really loving drawing and making crafty things now, which of course I love!

On Valentines morning, Fielder slept in so we got to spend some time with our big girl.  I made Valentines pancakes and she had a little gift waiting for her (and pink milk.)



 



                                               Aunt Mary Lynn sent the kids some really cute gifts too which they opened on Valentines Day - Thank you ML!!! 

It was a SWEET day indeed.....there was a surprise cupcake from Samara left on our front door, Mimi brought cookies, Daddy brought home cake pops, neighbors brought cookies, and I collected some candy at work!  To say I "fell off the eating-healthy-wagon" is a total understatement!
Oh man, that red velvet cupcake looked so good, but the note attached said "To Claire, stay out Mom" so I didn't touch it!!



In other news, Fielder turned 15 months on the 10th!  I took him for his well visit on Monday and he is doing great.  32" and 25lbs....I think he's 85% for weight if I remember right.  He wasn't in a very social mood that day.  The second the nurse just touched him to measure his head he started crying and I don't think he ever really stopped until we left.  The pediatrician said "the 18 month visit is usually worse."  Great. 
Physically and socially, he is right on track.  I'm really hoping his speech improves in the next few months - even though the pediatrician is not concerned and this is pretty normal for boys, it is so frustrating for him and for me when he can't tell me what he wants.  His only real words so far are Mama, sort of a "Ca" sound for Claire, and a very southern version of hi.  He makes some sounds like "t" for eat and out, "k" for milk, a meow sound, and he uses a few signs.  He clicks at me a lot and I never know what that really means? 
One little funny thing....the paperwork they give us at each visit has milestones, info on discipline, stuff like that.  One of the notes says that potty training typically begins between 15 and 24 months.  WHAT?!  Has our experience with Claire completely distorted my view on potty training or is that just crazy?  What 15 month old knows when he or she needs to go potty?!  If Fielder pees while he isn't wearing a diaper, he looks at it in total shock like he cannot believe that actually happened.  Oh, I really cracked up at the thought of potty training now!
 
Here's a couple recent pictures.  Mom and Dad go to the VCU basketball games and brought home this sweatband for Fielder....I couldn't think of a more appropriate word for this boy!  Hilarious!  (He's always chewing on his fingers....4 molars and another bottom front tooth all started coming in at the same time!)  And also I just love this picture of him in a new outfit from Aunt ML.  I got out the camera and he actually smiled at me like he knew what he was supposed to do. 
 


 

No comments: