One of the eggs had this note inside:
Here is Claire searching....where could it POSSIBLY be?! She looked for the longest time until we pretty much pointed at the basket. In her defense, she thought she was looking for another egg but I don't know how you could miss the basket sitting there. (It was a kid-size basketball)
MONEY! (From Mimi and Papa - thank you!!)
After the egg hunt, I tried to make a creative breakfast, but it was kind of a flop. I got cinnamon rolls (just the kind in a can) and cooked them in the waffle iron. Cinnamon roll waffles with the glaze as syrup - I thought this would be a big hit! Rob said under his breath "I wish we could just have the regular cinnamon rolls." Claire didn't like them and Fielder wasn't even interested in trying them! So they all just sat there for 15 minutes and waited for me to cook the rest of the rolls in the oven. Oh well! (By the way, the waffle iron idea works great except they are crunchy all over and I overcooked them a little! I'll admit the "normal way" was better.)
Then we headed over to my parents house for an Easter lunch. She had baskets (sand buckets actually) for the the kids and there were 2 different egg hunts - one that was Fielder-friendly and one for the older cousins only. Mom made a great lunch! Fielder was shoveling the food down while the girls were a little more rowdy at the kids table. I guess the sugar-overload had gotten them a little keyed up!
It was nap time for Fielder and Samara, but Claire, Mom, and I went to Easter on Parade. It wasn't actually raining, but the dreary day made it not quite as crowded. Claire had fun playing some games and walking around. You never know what you might see at Easter on Parade!
After we got home, Bob and Jake stopped by with more Easter treats, but unfortunately my camera battery died so I couldn't take any pictures. It was great seeing them and Claire had fun showing Jake her room and the new books she got from the Easter bunny (books about whining, being bossy, and tantrums! Our Easter bunny is always practical.)
No comments:
Post a Comment