Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy November!

Just a few things from November to catch up.  Of course Fielder's Big Birthday is the main event, but I'll do a separate post for that!

Claire and Katie have been doing Fall swim team together this year.  They aren't in the same practice group, but it's been extra fun to see Katie on practice nights and especially to have her to hang out with at the meets.  Claire's enjoyed it and has improved her swim strokes quite a bit.  Even though the meets are LONG, I'm hoping she'll continue it for winter.

One weekend day, Rob was excited to introduce the kids to Star Wars.  Despite 1 million questions and interruptions, they liked it so much we had to borrow the DVDs from a neighbor so they could watch more.  I'm not sure if Fielder understands any of what's going on, but he says he likes it.

One beautiful afternoon, I took the kids to the lake.  They searched for leaves, fed the ducks, and hiked around the trails. 
There was a guy there flying his super-fancy drone and even let Fielder try out the controls.




This is random.  Claire is a silent-walker and often sneaks up on us, but not even on purpose.  One night she came down the stairs and came up behind me - I had no idea she was there, but this is what I saw when I turned around!


Claire participated in the Reflections contest again this year so we were invited to a reception.  She won 2nd place for her poem
My Story by Claire Barnes
My name is Claire Barnes, I love to read and write, 
but my favorite is reading I read almost every night.

My life is filled with fun and I love to play.
I'm always excited to start a new day.

I'm nine years old and my heart's made of gold.
My story's just beginning and I can't wait to see, 
just exactly what my future will be.





Another random photo!  I went a little crazy with the after-Halloween sales and bought a bunch of random stuff.  (90% off?  How could I resist?!)  Claire is having fun with the wigs!!

No comments: