One of Claire's birthday gifts was a Build-a-Bear gift card from Aunt Tara, Uncle Andy, and Samara. This seems to be a birthday tradition for Claire which I thought maybe she'd outgrown, but was SO EXCITED when she got the gift card! I took her to Short Pump and loved that she picked a Halloween stuffed animal! She had fun with it and then we stopped in a couple stores (Justice and Claire's.)
![]() |
| She really wanted to buy these fake glasses??? (we didn't!) |
Fielder's class had a field trip to Lewis Ginter recently and I had been picked as a chaperone. I'll be honest....things have been tough with Fielder lately. Lots going on that we're working on, but he is challenging and it's just been tough. I really wasn't sure I wanted to go on this trip. I didn't know if I'd be embarrassed by his bad behavior or if my being there would cause him to act out more. Luckily, he pulled it together and we had a pretty decent time. He was definitely among the group of kids that usually weren't paying attention or listening and he did a few goofy/annoying things, but I was happy to see at least he wasn't the only one!! I absolutely LOVE his teacher and she did a great job and keeping him in check. After the little tour, we were split into groups and after a mini-panic attack thinking I alone was now in charge of 4 kids, another mom joined our group! Phew! We didn't have a ton of time, but let the kids run around a little and climbed up the treehouse. Mom had been volunteering there that day so she actually joined up with us too. I was really worried he'd have a hard time separating from me at the end, but thankfully there were several moms all leaving so he and the other kids just yelled goodbye to us over and over as we walked away. Mom and I were then able to have a nice lunch together and I had the rest of the day to relax a little.
Here they are trying some things from the garden. First was chives which he gave a thumbs up but then quickly changed his mind to yuck.
![]() |
| Finding worms in the compost dirt |






No comments:
Post a Comment