Thursday, June 14, 2018

Our yard




I have really been enjoying our new back yard!  I can't take credit for any of the flowers yet since they were already here when we moved in.....but I'm doing my best to learn about them and take care of them.  The roses on the side of the house have been beautiful!  They are proving tricky to take care of, but I'm trying to keep them healthy.  I texted the picture of the rose to the previous owner and she replied back that the roses were her grandfather's which they had transplanted when they moved in 8 years ago, and they had thought for sure none of them would bloom again.  
Fielder is also enjoying learning about plants and flowers.  He asks 1 million questions, but is usually satisfied with the answer "you'll have to ask Mimi or Uncle Andy, they are the experts."  He tells me that Uncle Andy knows the most, then Mimi, and that Mommy doesn't know much at all.  True story.
 In our boxes, we've had lettuce and spinach and Fielder's green bean plant is growing pretty well now too.  Mom helped put in some other flowers transplanted from her yard and we planted some marigold seeds.

Hydrangea is one of my favorite...this one only has a few blooms, I'll have to find out what to do to help it for next year.

The daylilies are beautiful now.  In the fall, I'll divide them and work on another bed for next year.






No comments: