Friday, August 3, 2018

Just Peachy

We visited Carter's Mountain for their peach festival this year.  It was our first peach-picking experience.  We were happy to leave the rain behind in Richmond and try something new!  It was beautiful in the mountains with blue skies and no rain at all!  I didn't enjoy it as much as apple picking - you have to be really selective and they weigh more than apples so they add up pretty fast.  We each picked our favorite 6 or so.  They also tried peach cider and peach ice cream (well, Claire had vanilla!) 


After peaches, we were going to try and find a park somewhere to eat lunch, but my gps on my phone wouldn't work and we ended up getting completely lost in Charlottesville.  When I saw a sign for 64, I figured we should take it and just eat lunch in the car!  It was an adventure at least :-)

I thought we'd make more recipes with peaches, but we enjoyed eating them so much they were gone pretty quickly.  I did try a peach salsa (with shrimp and scallops) and it was pretty good!  Our final 2 peaches were sliced up and put in the freezer for a smoothie.

No comments: