Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eve

Claire got a visit tonight from PoPa, Abu, and Uncle Jake along with a special Easter basket!
She got a cute little polar bear, Peeps, goldfish, an egg with money, and bathtub crayons!
She put all her money in her piggy bank!

I let her try a Peep....she wasn't too sure. First she hugged it, then she put it on her rocking chair, and then she licked it a couple times. Mostly she wanted her "sheesh" (goldfish)! We'll try again tomorrow....if she's lucky and Mommy doesn't eat them first - ha ha!
And then she brought books over to Popa and Abu to read. She really seemed excited to see them tonight!


How did I miss getting a picture with Uncle Jake?? Next time! Claire's trying a little harder to say his name these days. He's moved up from just "k" to "guck." We'll get it right eventually. She loves her Uncle Jake and always smiles the minute he walks in a room!
Also...none of the pictures came out good of her coloring in the bathtub with her new crayons, but she had a blast! I thought she was going to cry when I took her out of the tub. Thanks PoPa and Abu!!


And I can't forget to mention her official first Easter basket this year - from Aunt Mary Lynn!

It came in the mail the other day and I set everything up so that when she got up from her nap she would find it. She was so excited and ESPECIALLY when she opened up an egg and animal crackers fell out! (Mommy had been holding out on her and giving her empty eggs to play with!) Now she methodically opens all her eggs to check for food!

Thanks Aunt Mary Lynn for all the goodies! Especially the new Sesame Street books - she LOVES them!

No comments: