Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Simple Things

We kept it simple today and enjoyed the beautiful, sunny weather. This morning we called up our dear friend/family member Sally - who Claire calls "Sasseee." We headed over to Sassy Sally's just to hang out in her backyard. Nothing crazy, just an hour in the sun blowing bubbles and running around.



The next-door neighbor's kids saw us playing in the bubbles so they ran over and started blowing bubbles for Claire over the fence!



After naptime, we headed over to the park to watch Daddy play tennis. Claire had discovered dandelions at Sally's house and we found a bunch in a field. She calls them bubbles - which I guess in her eyes it makes sense! You hold it by the stem, blow on it, and little white things fly all around!

We sat in the shade having snacks and watched the tennis match. Claire kept her own score - which is always six. (Every time one of them yelled out a number, she would say "six.")


Sometimes I get so excited about taking Claire somewhere to see or do something fun that I forget to just slow down and let her enjoy the little things that catch her attention. Today is the perfect example - I walked her all around the park so she could play on the playground or watch the dogs in the dog park, but the things that kept her attention the longest were the weeds, sticks and leaves. I just forget that everything in this world is new to her eyes - including dandelion weeds.
All in all, we had a great day. We're just hoping we wore her out enough to get a little bit of a later start to our Sunday morning! :-)

No comments: