
For the first time in several years, we weren't able to go to my Aunt and Uncle's river house due to his work schedule, so this year we experienced the 4th on the Piankatank and had a great time! We came down Friday to join PoPa and Uncle Jake and had a relaxing day with a swim in the pool and an after-dinner cruise. Claire slept great in her own room...THANKS Jake for taking the couch :-) As soon as she woke up she was so excited to be at the river and kept asking for Jake!
Then on Saturday, Uncle Matt, Aunt Alison, Mimi, and Papa Jim joined us for another fun day on the river.
.jpg)
Claire all decked out in her red, white, and blue! (Thanks Alison and Matt for the shirt!!)


Just chillin' on the boat! Even though she doesn't like the wind in her face ("just wind!"), she LOVES going for boat rides. When I say get your life jacket, she runs to get it and I can barely get it on her before she's running out the door.
Claire at the head of the table with O-Matt and O-Jake. (Now that she's got first names down pretty good, I am trying to add on the "uncle" and "aunt" parts. So far it just sounds like "O." It's so cute and I kind of hope it sticks!)

No 4th of July is complete without a cookout - burgers, dogs, watermelon, pasta salad, etc. Yum!


No 4th of July is complete without a cookout - burgers, dogs, watermelon, pasta salad, etc. Yum!

1 comment:
Claire is so cute in her life jacket. She reminds me so much of you and I in the picture of us on your Grandfather's boat and we had on those little black rimmed glasses, that we bought at the corner store!! Oh I miss the river visits.
Love,
Mere
"Aunt vee-veef"
Is that even how you spelled it out??
Post a Comment