Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Plan Bee

Happy Halloween! Our "mommy, daddy, and baby" pumpkins on the front porch...
This year for Halloween, Claire and I headed over to her buddy Owen's house for a Halloween party and trick-or-treating with all her friends! We had SO much fun. After playing and eating dinner, we got all the kids in their costumes. I had a beautiful princess costume that my friend loaned me, but Claire wanted nothing to do with that. After several attempts, I decided it wasn't worth the fight and we moved on to Plan B - her costume from last year. She was excited to be a honey bee because Owen was also a bee.
Here's Tanner as a dragon.....doesn't he look excited?! Claire loved saying that "Tanner be a dragon and Claire's a honey bee, buzzzzzz"


Now we're all set to go trick-or-treating for the first time! I think I had more fun than Claire, but she loved seeing all the pumpkins and getting treats. She got the hang of saying "trick-or-treat" when we practiced, but usually clammed up when someone answered the door.
The first couple houses, she just busted on in and walked through the front door. One time a man gave her a lollipop so she pulled out a piece of candy from her bucket and put it in his - nice job sharing!
A few times I had to remind her that we couldn't eat the treats right then because they still had wrappers on them.

We really had a fun time! Rob was mad that he missed out to go to a UVA football game in which they lost!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what a clever title! i love it! and she is the cutest bee ever! what a fun halloween...a whole evening w/ friends! so fun!!! :)