Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cardboard Creations

We've been going a little crazy with the cardboard boxes lately (ok, mainly me.)  It started with Claire wanting a rocket ship.....which ended up looking more like a coffin.  So then I made the "cars" which weren't very exciting but the kids loved.  I've been keeping an eye out at work for the perfect box to make a house and then one day we were outside and saw the neighbors getting their furnace repaired.  This huge box was just sitting there calling my name.  I went up to the workmen and asked if I could have it - I'm sure they thought I was nuts as I was dragging it across the neighbors' yards while holding Fielder in my other arm.  It was so big I couldn't even fit it through the door, but by that point I was determined to have this box.  After work that night, I turned it into a cool playhouse to surprise Claire in the morning.  They played in it all day!  Fielder thought it was great fun to open and close the door and deliver mail. 


It was perfect timing to have something fun to play with at home because Claire was sick (sinus infection....actually both kids have been sick all month) and we couldn't really go anywhere.  The next day we took Claire to the doctor, got her on antibiotics, and she spent the day resting.  She even fell asleep in the box for about 2 hours!

Now that the box has lost it's initial appeal, I have to figure out how to get it out of here!  I guess we'll be playing with it for another week until Recycle Day  :-)

No comments: