Tuesday, September 3, 2013

1st day of K!!!

The big day was finally here.  As requested, we had sprinkle pancakes for breakfast.  She was just so excited.  I could hear her bouncing around in her room early this morning.  She had even cleaned her room and made her bed by herself (which she was very proud of) all because I had told her the night before that she couldn't go to school until her bed was made!


Of course, we took the 1st day of school pictures on the front steps.  And a few more at the bus stop. 


When the bus pulled up, all the kids ran to get in line.  She stuck by her friend Mallory and followed her onto the bus.  When she spotted me in the crowd and blew me a kiss, I was glad I had worn my sunglasses!  :-)



Such exciting times.  It's hard to send her off into the world - I spent the whole day wondering what she was doing, if she was making friends, if she was listening, if she had used the potty at all, if I packed enough food for her.....sigh....

But when I saw her jump off the bus, run towards me with a huge smile, and give me a big hug, I felt so happy for her!  I'm so glad she made it through the first day and was still smiling.  (And she did in fact use the potty, but she told me that it's too loud and she just won't go potty at school anymore.  Awesome.)  ETA....Day #2:  "Mommy, guess what?  I used the potty and my friend flushed.  So we used teamwork!"

 

1 comment:

Mrs.JSM07 said...

Katherine Claire looks so grown up!! I hope she's enjoying her gift from Aunt Mere, the book bag looks great on her!! :D