Friday, August 29, 2014

Katie Bug turned 5!

Cousin Katie turned 5 this month and Claire had a blast celebrating with her at Chuck E Cheese.  (My previous work experience at Chuck E's might give me nightmares, but I think I scored some cool points with the girls when I told them I used to be a "birthday hostess!") 
  It was Claire's first time there and she looked a little shell-shocked at first, but had so much fun playing the games.  Both of them loved ski-ball.  Katie was pretty good, I have to say!  I think they would have stayed there the whole time, but since Alison bought each kid a million tokens, we had plenty to try out all the games.  I even played a few :-)
 They cashed in their tickets for matching necklaces, a frisbee, a whistle, and a puzzle.  These giant ice pops ended a super fun day.  Fielder and Daddy were party-crashers....Fielder woke up in the worst mood imaginable and he didn't know what else to do besides bring him to me.  He was crying over and over that he wanted mommy.  So they got there, Rob left first and as soon as he was out the door, Fielder was crying for Daddy!
Katie's party made quite the impression on Claire and today she told me she would choose taking a couple friends to Chuck E's instead of a party.  Fine by me!  I'll give it a little more time before making a final decision, but looks we'll be copy-cats for her big day!

No comments: