Sunday, March 8, 2015

February 2015

February came and went and all I remember?  SNOW!  We had a few storms and they've all blended together in my memory now.  We've had a bunch of days at home and we're all very much ready for Spring!
I think I forgot to take pictures on Valentine's Day.  We had a fun day together - Claire got some shopkins in her Valentine treat bag and Fielder got some underwear!! (Lots of changes for the boy, more on that later.)  One funny thing I remember is Fielder sneaking some candy while I fell asleep on the couch and Rob was occupied on the computer.  He pulled a chair over to the mantel, grabbed little wrapped boxes of conversation hearts from Mimi and Papa, opened them, and ate them all while we were completely oblivious.  I would have loved to have seen his face when he realized he had found candy and we weren't catching him.  He woke me up by shoving one in my mouth saying "mmm.....so yummy Mommy, try it."
That night, I got to take my "date" to see Charlotte's Web at the high school.  They did a wonderful job and Claire loved the show.  At intermission, she went across the aisle to sit with one of her friends...and so it begins....
When we came out from the show, there had been a crazy mini-blizzard and the temperatures had dropped drastically, snow covered our car, and it was super windy!

February also brings one of my favorite days of the year....Cake Pops Day!!  It's become a tradition now for my birthday and I look forward all year to my red velvet Pearls bakery cake pops!!

Here's a few more snow pictures.  We had to be out of the house all day while they were doing our 11 month warranty repairs so we headed over to Mimi and Papa's house.  The snow was perfect for building a snow man.
We also sledded in their backyard.  It was a little hill, but perfect because Fielder could manage to walk back up by himself.  It was actually really fun - and more of a hill than it looks like in this picture.

This picture is actually from our most recent snowstorm (which really happened in March, like I said it's all blending together.)  Claire was out of school again but the roads were fine so we went to Mimi and Papa's house again to play with Samara.  The mud puddle in the yard was the biggest hit and eating "snow cones."
Claire and her Snow Baby

No comments: