Friday, September 11, 2009

Rollerskating!


I brought Claire to Skate-a-Way for their toddler skate this week! SO much fun!! It really brought back some memories from my younger years....and not much has changed since then! (We did the Hokie Pokie, the Limbo, the Chicken Dance, and Red Light Green Light - I remember doing all those at our skate parties back in the day.)

At first Claire said "take 'em off, take 'em off, NO!" But then she saw her friend Lily skating like an old pro and we were off to catch her! Claire loved it and eventually didn't want to hold my hand - she just wanted to "GO GO GO!" At the end they even let the kids take their skates off and run around on the rink.

Here's Claire and Lily doing a little Foosball (is that how you spell it?!)

That afternoon while I was at work, Mimi asked Claire about rollerskating. Claire went on and on about it! She explained to Mimi that you have to "put the shoes on" and that she did the Hokie Pokie! She also told Mimi "Go every week" - so I guess that means we're headed back another time!! For $4, it's the best deal in town :-)

1 comment:

Mrs.JSM07 said...

I want to GO!!!! I'm glad that you all had fun. WOW Claire is growing up so fast.