Friday, September 25, 2009

Birthday Party!

On Sunday, we had all the family over for a Birthday Brunch to celebrate Claire turning 2!
Here's Claire waiting for her guests to arrive...

Popa showed up in a funny birthday hat that Claire enjoyed playing with! (We still have it Popa...I guess we'll give it back!)



Mommy and Birthday Girl

Daddy and Birthday girl :-)


I made Sesame Street cupcakes (I copied my friend so I can't take all the credit) - I thought they turned out so cute!



Claire got so many nice gifts from everyone. The shopping cart with food was a big hit (Thanks Sally!) She was - and still is - obsessed with the banana and eggs.
This "kissing Elmo" is from Clay and Patti. She has been playing with him constantly - pushing him around in the shopping cart and having conversations with him. "Here you go Elmo. Back in the cart Elmo. That's a nice Elmo."

Uncle Matt and Aunt Alison gave Claire this Elmo chair. Here she is cautiously testing it out.
In this picture, Claire is riding on her lion from Uncle Andy and Aunt Tara (of course she's got that banana). When we got her to sit on it, she said "it's not workin!" She loves the lion and feeds him the different foods from her shopping cart.

Here she is taking her puppy dog from Uncle Jake for a walk on the piano. I'm not sure why but he always walks on the piano??

She got so many nice things - gift certificates to Inflation Nation and Romp N Roll, lots of fall clothes, a UVA teddy bear, tons of new music (YAY!), a Dressy Bessy, and a new pair of shoes. Thanks so much to everyone!!!

Last, but not least - the cookies I made for "favors." It was my first attempt at decorated sugar cookies. They're not perfect, but they tasted great! This is my new hobby, so I'll be practicing alot before Christmas time :-)

3 comments:

Mrs.JSM07 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs.JSM07 said...

I had a great time. ALL the food was Mmm GOOD and I loved your cookies, AWESOME JOB! Thanks for letting me be apart of you wonderful family.

Mrs.JSM07 said...

oops. apart of you, should be apart of your wonderful family. Sorry.