Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Christmas!

We woke up Christmas morning and Santa had come! We opened stockings first...
Santa knows how much Claire loves animals! She got a deer, a moose, a bear, and several other woodland animals in her stocking.

After a nice breakfast (including ziplock omelets and the Christmas must-have sausage balls) it was time for presents!
Santa brought the other 2 Wonder Pets, Tuck and Winnie, and a book to go with them!

And a box full of MORE animals! They were a hit!


That evening we headed over to the Hulchers to celebrate with them. It brought back so many memories of pizza at my grandfather's house on Christmas night. We always laugh about the pizza - how he would leave it on the counter for who knows how long and the one year that he forgot to buy it. There wasn't any pizza place open on Christmas Day so if I remember correctly we had pizza (and hot dogs?) from 7-11 that year!

We tried to get a family shot by their Christmas tree....this was the best we could do. I think Claire is roaring like a lion or something??
Claire and Mimi....Mimi is wearing Grandpa's Christmas vest!
It was a very special Christmas and we all had so much fun. I love to experience the holidays through Claire - all the excitement and wonder. I can't wait til next year when she really "gets" it all!

No comments: