Friday, May 6, 2011

Pigs flew, hell froze, and...

we bought a minivan! I never thought I'd see the day!

Both of our cars are getting old and pretty high in mileage so we'd been talking about getting a new vehicle for a while now. I finally convinced Rob that if you wanted any extra space with 2 car seats, the minivan was the way to go. (FYI....Rob was sold when he saw on a TV show that Dave Grohl, lead singer of the Foo Fighters, drives a Honda Odyssey. Although I'm sure his is much more tricked out than what we got!)

So we found this one, it fit exactly what we needed and we decided to go for it! Even though we could have waited several more months, we thought it would be great to have for all of our summer traveling. (No more cramming us, the kid, the dog and dog crate, a box fan, and all our stuff into my Accord for a weekend trip - woo hoo!!)

Claire came along to make the big purchase and she was so excited to play in it when we got home. She's been asking to play in the new "bini-ban" everyday since!




Yep, she wore her ruby slippers to Carmax - why not?!



We even managed to sell Rob's car in a day and a half - he came home with cash in pocket! (It's been deposited and I can rest easy knowing it wasn't counterfeit or something!) Now we have to make the big switch and Rob will be driving the Accord. He can't wait to get in there and CLEAN it up and remove all traces of it being a "kid car" for the last 3 1/2 years.

No comments: