Saturday, May 28, 2011

Runner Girl

For the first time, Claire and I got to run together in a race! This morning was the Central VA Autism Society 5K and we were really excited to participate on my cousin Sam's team. Sam did awesome - ran the whole thing in 30 minutes! (And I think it was the first time he's ever run that far!) I wish I could show you a picture, but he was just too fast for me!

Here's a couple action shots of Claire and me running....


...truth be told she only ran for about 5 minutes and got back in her stroller! Then about half way through, she asked "Mommy did I win yet?"

When we got closer to the finish line, she got back out and ran through the finish with me - I have to admit I was a very proud momma and I hope one day she'll want to run the whole thing with me!! She was really excited to get her medal and said "I did it! I did it! I won!"


Here we are with Sam, Uncle Chuck, and Mimi!

No comments: