As soon as she arrived, I needed to put Fielder to bed. So what did I do to keep the girls occupied? I gave them a cookie and put them in a box! Ha! Uncle Rob was there to supervise of course.
There wasn't much time for playing. After Fielder was in bed, the girls had a bubble bath together and then we got ready for bed. Do these girls look like they are ready to go to sleep?!
I read them some stories and Katie said a goodnight prayer for us:
"Dear God, I love you, no matter what you say. Thank you. Mumble...mumble....something something(??) The End."
I knew it was going to be party-time when I left the room so I didn't even try to get them to go straight to sleep. I told them they could play quietly and I would come up to tuck them in later. I eventually went up and was pleasantly surprised to see that Claire had turned the lights off and gotten herself into bed. Katie on the other hand had a million and one reasons that she was not ready to go to sleep!! She needed more water (cup was already half full), she wanted to know if Claire could rhyme, her belly hurt from eating too much dinner, she was hungry, and my all-time favorite:
"I need my time capsule. I can't sleep without my time capsule."
"Ok Katie, where is it? Is it in your bag?"
"No, I buried it in my yard."
Eventually they went to sleep and there were only 2 wake-up calls at 2:30a.m. and 4:45am!! I slept on the floor beside Katie until 6:30 when I figured I should get up. :-) Katie definitely missed her mommy and Daddy, but I think Claire and I did a good job at helping her feel comfortable! It cracked me up though when the first thing I heard her say to Claire in the morning was "That was the best sleepover EVER!"
The girls came downstairs to find Elfie in another silly predicament. He tried to decorate the kitchen with lights and got all hung up in the ceiling fan!
2 cute cousins with bed-head!!
No comments:
Post a Comment