We returned last night from our week at the beach with the Barnes family. I took very few pictures, so I'll post what I have and then when I get Alison's pictures, I'll post more!
To sum it up, Claire had a wonderful week with her cousin and just had a blast on the beach. This year she had no fear of the water and loved to jump waves and swim in the ocean. Each day she only wanted to wake up when Katie was awake, go to the beach when Katie went to the beach, sit next to Katie at each meal, etc. We were so sad when it was time for them to go home Wednesday afternoon! (And we really missed you Uncle Matt!!!)
Fielder spent a lot of time doing this:
And when he wasn't whining or crying he was getting into EVERYTHING:
And every once in a while, he actually had fun on the beach too! We even got him out in the ocean twice to swim when it wasn't too rough.
It was great to spend some time with Popa and Abu. Abu had brought some fun surprises for the kids - I think the favorite was the play dough set. Fielder was obsessed with Popa and loved to follow him around saying his name. I wish I had gotten a picture of Fielder and his "roommate" Uncle Jake. They did pretty good bunking up together even though Fielder snored, and he woke Jake up each morning at 6am saying "hi hi hi!" (I know the girls really loved playing with their Uncle and jumping the waves with him!!)
The pool on the deck was a favorite place to be. (And also a good place to clean off from the beach when they weren't in the mood to be hosed down!) Pretty sure Fielder liked it more than the beach.
Thank you so much to Popa and Abu for treating us to a week at the beach. We are so appreciative! And thanks to Jake, Alison, and Katie for making the week extra fun (and putting up with us!)
No comments:
Post a Comment