I was so excited to get an email from Alison that they were coming to town for a short time to apartment hunt....YES, that's right, they're moving back!! (At least temporarily.) Anyway, of course I wanted a chance to see them and meet baby Jenna!! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of me holding her. Fielder actually let me hold Jenna for quite a while, but mostly because Aunt Alison accomdated him with letting him see her feet. I don't know what it is with this kid, but he loves feet. Anyway, we had fun catching up, having a tea party, and a pizza dinner. It happened to be Claire's "half birthday" which I had used as a reason to take her out that night - she just didn't know that Katie was going to come too now!
Fielder was not happy when we all left him behind with Daddy, but the girls were super excited!We went to Build A Bear and the girls made matching bears. I think they are making the bears smart by holding the hearts to their foreheads. Or something like that?
We also had ice cream and threw pennies in the fountain. I had a blast taking the girls out on the town! I loved hearing them giggle and make jokes in the back seat. Katie kept saying "that is so gem" - I don't know what it means and I don't think she really does either, but it was meant to be a good thing! :-)
When we got back to the hotel, I realized my cell phone was dead and I didn't want the front desk to call the room in case Jenna was asleep. We had a few silly minutes of trying to figure out how to get in touch with Alison - I called Rob, he called Matt, Matt called Alison and meanwhile both girls all of a sudden have to go potty immediately. It was pretty funny and luckily Alison found us in the lobby.
We can't WAIT to have Katie and Jenna back in town!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment