Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas Eve

I hosted the Barnes gathering at our house this year on Christmas Eve, along with tons of assistance from Alison.  As usual, it was a little crazy and I didn't get very many pictures.  We were so happy to have the family together - especially Jake from Wisconsin!  Even G and Chloe (Coral's sister and niece) joined us.  I'm really hoping Alison got more pictures that she can share with me because mine are not great.

Alison brought so much food and I made a few things for a brunch.  I wish I had taken a picture of our spread!  It was delicious!
After a little drama over who was coming, who wasn't, and when they might actually arrive, we eventually had everyone here for round 2 of brunch and presents.

Alison brought a "Pass the Parcel" game - the kids took turns passing it around a la musical chairs. Each layer had candy so you know Fielder was into it.  The last gift inside had some horns - just what we needed to add to the noise level!  :-)

The kids were spoiled with so many nice things.  Fielder got a puzzle and Star Wars outfit from Sally (who couldn't come, but we will make a point to visit soon!!).  He got Jenga and Connect 4 from Alison & Matt, a nerf gun from Jake (see excited expression below), and from Popa and Abu he got a ski-ball game and a bullhorn that changes his voice.  The bullhorn came with a pre-gift-opening-apology from Popa!!




Claire got Flipsies from Matt & Alison which she had really been wanting, a chocolate-making kit from Uncle Jake, an outfit and giant craft bucket from Sally, and a magic set from Popa and Abu.  We tried our best to maintain the one person at a time thing, but it was tough.  Alison and I were being trampled by the kids!  Jenna cracked me up - she would take a present and sneak off to another room to open it!  It was a very nice morning and thanks so much to Alison for all of the food!  Jenna needed to get home for a nap so we wrapped things up (and of course Rob wanted his nap too - ha ha!)  

No comments: