Our 3rd Tacky Light Run is in the books. It was our coldest year yet and I'd say it was really fun for about 50% of the time. Claire was a registered "runner" this year and we brought the old double stroller for Fielder and backup for either kid that was tired and wanted to ride. Fielder was none too happy about NOT having a bib number so I pulled out last years' to save the day. Now he had his very own bib and all was well. Fielder's face in the picture below is foreshadowing for later in the night...
It was super crowded and we barely were able to run at all. The first part of the race was what I expected - in and out of the stroller, gloves on, gloves off, eat a candy cane, complain about not having anymore candy canes, run a minute, walk a minute, back in the stroller.....and on and on. As the night when on and the kids got more and more cold, Fielder started to have problems. AND since we couldn't run, it took about twice as long as I had expected and that much more time to be cold! He started complaining about "foot cramps" which was odd given that I was the one pushing the stroller and he was riding!! Still don't know what that was about, but the poor guy was just too cold and too tired. A few minutes from the finish, I texted Rob "almost done, F is DONE. please leave to pick us up now!!" Claire was a trooper and even though her fingers were frozen solid, she had fun and did quite a bit of walking with me. As I said on facebook, there was drama, there was complaining, there were tears, but they also had a lot of fun and both say they want to do it again next year! (We'll see.)
Here she is warming up by the fire and hydrating with her powerade! Fielder was carried straight up to bed and immediately fell asleep! This run is really one of my favorite things so I hope we can figure out a way to do it next year - or once both kids are ready to run/walk the whole thing!!







No comments:
Post a Comment