By Friday afternoon it seemed eminent and I decided to take an hour to leave work early and hit the grocery store. I would have avoided the store at all costs, but we really needed food for the week, plus we were supposed to have the Hulcher Christmas party and if the forecast was wrong, I'd need food for that! Of course, by Friday afternoon all of Richmond had lost it's mind and the store was a mad house. The parking lot was full (I thought I was going to have to call 911 because of an altercation in the parking lot between 2 women over a space!) There was hardly a shopping cart to be found and the aisles were practically gridlocked. I eventually made it out alive and by the time I was picking kids up from school, snow was falling! They were SO excited! That night they followed all protocol and wore their pjs inside out, spoons under pillows, and we flushed 2 ice cubes down the potty. We were all set! And although Fielder swore up and down he would not wake me up that night (or before 7am) he came busting in around 5 yelling that it was a "BIG snow!!!"
![]() |
| What I WISH I could be doing on my snow day! |
It was the lightest snow and because it was so frigid you could see the individual snowflakes and crystals. It was really beautiful but just too cold to stay outside for any long period of time. We got to try out the new sleds on our hill and the one across the street. We made snow cream and really put the kids new kindles to work! Of course we postponed the Hulcher party - I couldn't take it anymore and spent my day packing up almost all of Christmas. The house looks so sad and bare! It will now be a Hulcher Mason New Years party!
Today we went sledding a couple more times and I ventured out to go to the Y. Came home to good news - no work tomorrow!! Woo hoo, we get another day to play! (poor Rob...the joys of working from home, you never get a snow day)



No comments:
Post a Comment