After being postponed from the snow weekend, we finally had our Hulcher/Mason/Barnes Christmas party! Rob and I were hosting this year and due to the delay, our house was a mix of Christmas, New Years and winter. Once I started packing Christmas away during the snow, I just couldn't stop. However, I insisted on using my Christmas dishes and our tree was still up (just with New Years decorations!) I was so happy - we managed to fit seating for all 16 including the twins and a kids table! It was a brunch and everyone brought some dishes to share - great food and we're still enjoying the leftovers! It was great to be together and especially to see Virginia and Olivia. They were precious crawling around, playing with the kids, "roaring" like a lion, and taking a few steps here and there. The kids opened their gifts and then by some miracle, all went up and played quietly and nicely while the adults had a chance to sit and talk!
It's not perfect, but this was our best shot of everyone at least facing in the same direction :-) So glad Andy brought his camera and we were able to get a family photo!
After the party, Mimi and Papa brought Fielder home with them to spend the night and have a "Mimi day" on Monday (MLK day.) Claire will get her turn next week when school is closed for a teacher work day. We enjoyed a night with just our girl - we took her out to dinner at Chuy's because she earned a free meal for honor roll! Best of all, Rob and I were able to SLEEP IN this morning!! Claire and I have spent the day doing some fun things at home, shopping, and packing up the rest of the Christmas things.


No comments:
Post a Comment