It seems I just uploaded these pics in backwards order and I don't have it in me to reverse them.....so I will just go with it!
Here are some pictures from our resort. It was great - lots of cool stuff for the kids to see on our walk to and from our building. And that walk? It was LONG. Like when we first arrived, a Dad in front of me heard me asking where our building was and he said "just walk until you think you can't walk any more and then keep going."
These are pics from Animal Kingdom on our 3rd park day. Notice Fielder in the pics? That was a miracle and will be explained when we go in backwards order to talk about Day 2 in a moment.
Animal Kingdom was our favorite - it was absolutely beautiful and one of the rides in Pandora was the best ride I've ever been on.
And here we are back to our 2nd Park day. This day started around 5am when Fielder wakes up and says he's going to throw up. CUE THE PANIC. We prayed for a miracle that it was just a strange one-time thing, but no.....he had a full on stomach bug (or food poisoning) that lasted throughout the day.
I was an absolute mess. All the planning, all the excitement, and now here we were stuck in a small hotel room with a sick kid and no way to know how long it will last or who else will go down with it. I went on my own to the dining hall to pick out some things like crackers, toast, etc. I will never forget being at the toaster in freaking DISNEY WORLD with tears running down my face. I walked back carrying a tray of bread and ginger ale crying and I'm sure anyone that looked at me thought I was insane. We made the decision that I would take Claire to Epcot and Rob would stay behind with Fielder. I did my best to put it out of my mind and make it a fun day for Claire, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about it non-stop. Claire and I did manage to enjoy ourselves, although I'd say Epcot was our least favorite. And in fact, I actually don't think Fielder would have enjoyed it much. A couple of the rides we had planned were closed and there was just more there to SEE than to DO.
We returned to the hotel room (in which Rob had had quite the day with Fielder and multiple calls to housekeeping for new bedding.) Disney was outstanding in how they helped us and tried to cheer Fielder up. They even showed up with toys for him!! It was the nicest thing - and the stuffed Mickey was something he had had his eye on the day before but was waiting to decide if he wanted to spend his money on it. We call that Disney Magic!
Rob then took Claire to the pool for a while and later decided to take her back to Epcot for the fireworks show. We all went to bed that night wondering if someone else would wake up sick...
I will never know how, but the next morning he was FINE. Completely back to normal. And no one else was sick. I wanted to be sure he was ok so I took Claire on my own to Animal Kingdom, but not more than an hour later Rob and Fielder were on their way. I couldn't believe and still to this day have no idea how Fielder was able to rebound and spend a long day at Animal Kingdom with no problems whatsoever. Now that is REALLY some Disney Magic. We were so very thankful that we could all enjoy Animal Kingdom on our last day.
After packing up and heading to the airport the next morning, we had another very long day of delays and waiting in an airport. We made it home late that night and back to cold winter weather in Richmond. It was a vacation for the history books for our family and we hope to go back one day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment