Quarantine cuts :-)
Give me ALL the memes!
Summer also brought massive protests around racism after the killing of George Floyd. I don't have the words to write about it now....but it's given meaningful conversations within our family and Claire wanted to participate in a childrens march. There is much work still to do in our country.
We escaped for a weekend at the river!! Aunt Bradford and Uncle Chuck graciously allowed us to use the house while they weren't there and we were able to spend some time with Andy, Tara and Samara.
So many puzzles....I'm addicted! This is a favorite sent to me by Roland. I've done it 3 times.
Mimi's solution to being separated from grandkids!!
A favorite spot of the kids that we found this summer is the Nottoway falls.
4th of July at the river! They had a blast and it's so nice to get away and not think about Covid for a minute. Fielder had the time of his life because he got to hold a roman candle. (We missed being with the Hulchers this year.....next year we'll have to do it big)
Claire was able to go to Camp Willow Run for 3 nights! I still can't believe it happened but she was very excited to try her first sleep away camp.
Overall, summer was pretty good. Lots of outdoor adventures and the kids were able to go to camp all summer long. It was hard to know what is "safe" and ok to do, but we made the decision and it was the right one for our family. They were able to be with other kids and stay busy while Rob and I could work (from home still.)

No comments:
Post a Comment