I read this book to Claire last night and have to admit that I got a little emotional! It's such a sweet little book and I just loved what it said!
Oh my baby, little one,
the hardest thing I do
is hold you tight, then let you go,
and walk away from you.
But even when I'm far away,
this love I have will stay
and wrap itself around you
every minute of the day.
So blow a kiss and wave good-bye
my baby, don't you cry.
my baby, don't you cry.
This love is always with you,
like the sun is with the sky.
...But oh my baby, little one,
the sweetest thing I do
is sweep you up and hold you tight
Day 1 was a success! She was SO excited about going to preschool this morning. She had a few minutes of crying when I dropped her off, but I hear she did great the rest of the day. Mimi was in and out of her room and she never got upset about her leaving or anything (phew!). Mimi also said Claire was participating during the story/song time and she was doing the hand motions to the song they were singing. I just wish I could hide out in the bushes and peek into the window to see what she's up to!! When I picked her up she was very proud of her artwork which we promptly hung on the refrigerator. Then Aunt Meredith came over and we took her out for ice cream to celebrate her first day of school!

No comments:
Post a Comment