As much as I love the beach at sunrise, I took advantage of Claire sleeping a little later and I chose to sleep late most mornings (well, late for me at least). I did go for a couple early morning walks and it was so beautiful!

Claire had a bit of a "love/hate" relationship with the beach. She said she couldn't wait to play on the beach, but then we'd get out there and she was pretty apprehensive. She was scared of the waves and worried that they were going to get her toys. The first afternoon I am not even sure she would leave the steps. The next couple days, she loved playing in the sand but refused to get anywhere near the water.


Claire had a bit of a "love/hate" relationship with the beach. She said she couldn't wait to play on the beach, but then we'd get out there and she was pretty apprehensive. She was scared of the waves and worried that they were going to get her toys. The first afternoon I am not even sure she would leave the steps. The next couple days, she loved playing in the sand but refused to get anywhere near the water.
Check out Samara's "cabana" - it looked so cozy I would have loved a nap in there! As you can see, Samara didn't mind her toes in the sand and Claire certainly was not afraid of getting sandy!

Mid-week we started using bribes to get Claire closer to the water. (I'm pretty sure the parenting books don't recommend using M&M's to convince your child to have fun.) Aunt Tara even built a sand dog and a sand cat!

While Claire was avoiding the ocean, we were all having fun in it! The water was perfect - clear, mostly calm, and not too cold. The Hulchers came over one day - Sam tried out the kayak and Andy attempted surfing.




While Claire was avoiding the ocean, we were all having fun in it! The water was perfect - clear, mostly calm, and not too cold. The Hulchers came over one day - Sam tried out the kayak and Andy attempted surfing.
At some point, we convinced Claire to go in the water with me holding her and letting the water touch her feet. You can see in these pictures that she is keeping on eye on those waves at all times. And then, with bribes and Uncle Andy playing around in the surf she finally let me carry her into the water! As soon as we got past the breakers, she said "now that the waves are gone we can swim!"
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment