Sunday, September 12, 2010

Growing up

My little girl is about to turn 3 and I think I'm finally realizing she's not a baby anymore! One morning recently I went in to check on her since it was 8am and I had not heard a peep yet (very unusual) and I found her crib empty. She had climbed out at some point and I think she slept on the floor a good part of the night. This was proof that we had waited TOO long to move her into a big girl bed. We decided that it was time.....except we had procrastinated and had no actual bed for her. Luckily Popa and Abu came through for us with an extra twin bed they had in storage so she would have a big girl bed instead of a big girl mattress-on-the-floor! She was very excited to sleep in it and so far (knock on wood) it's been a very smooth transition.


Another project that I've had for a while is to find a chair with a back so that she could sit at the dinner table with us instead of the highchair. We finally found something and she is enjoying sitting at the table like a big girl!


The biggest step we have coming up is preschool! She did 1 week over the summer, but the real school year starts this Tuesday. We had an open house on Friday and she got to see her classroom, meet the teachers and friends, and I had a nice opportunity to talk with the other parents. Here are a couple pictures of her in the classroom and on the playground. I know she will love preschool......we just have to get over the hurdle of the separation anxiety!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the BIG girl bed. She's growing up so fast. Wow, Kat the time has just flown by!! I can't wait to come over and see her BIG girl bed.

Love
Aunt Mere