Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Bedroom

Claire's "real" present was that we gave her a new big girl bedroom. The curtains needed to go to the nursery and it was time to move on from the bumble bee theme. She wasn't left with much - her bed looked like a hospital bed and she didn't even have a comforter or quilt. I found this owl themed set and thought it was perfect for our animal loving girl!
Mimi made curtains and a bed skirt and I worked on a couple projects too.

The day after Irene, Mom and Dad came over since they didn't have power and we worked on the room. Claire LOVED it! She was so surprised when she walked in the room.



I need to get some pictures of the whole room, but here you can see the new curtains, re-painted letters, and the lamp that I re-did. I'm pretty proud of the lamp! It was a nice brass lamp with a white shade, but unfortunately we didn't have anywhere in the house to put it anymore. I "re-vamped" it by spray painting it bright pink and I recovered the lampshade.



The green lamp and owl pillow were the finishing touches! She is a little too crazy about the lamp. That first night I could hear her click it on and off...on and off....on and off - I had to finally unplug the thing so I could get some sleep!

She loves to cuddle and sleep with the "teddy owl."



Just last night she randomly said "I love my new room Mommy!" Thanks Mimi for all of your help!

1 comment:

Mrs.JSM07 said...

COOL BIG GIRL ROOM!! I can't wait to come over and see it Claire.

Hey Kat, at some point you might have to give Claire her own little blog to do. That would be fun for her, as she grows up!

Claire B, BIG SISTER BLOG!

Love
Mere