And here's a few recent pics of the girl! She decided to do swim team again this summer. We're already about half way through the season now, but this picture was taken at the "meet-the-coaches" sign up party. She was slightly on the fence about swim team, but when she heard there was a party with ice cream, she was ready to sign up. (Of course there was a more serious discussion about committing to the team, etc.!)
She is modeling her new sweatshirt that she loves....this was right after a weekend at Mimi and Papa's house. Turns out I'm a terrible packer and forgot to pack Fielder ANY PANTS at all besides pajama pants. I sent him in a bathing suit and that was all he had. Also I didn't check the weather and I only sent short sleeves (it was cold!) So Mimi to the rescue - she took the kids on a shopping spree at Target. I felt terrible! (I also once forgot to pack any shoes for Fielder on a previous trip.) I better get my act together if I ever want another kid-free weekend! It was the first time for Fielder to spend the night in a VERY long time and the first time not in a crib. He was so excited I think he woke Mom up at 4am.
Claire and Daddy at the annual Father/Daughter dance at the Y
Our little reader has started the Harry Potter books! (She recently finished a 700+ page one! No idea on the comprehension part of it, but she has loved them)
3rd grade, here she comes!! Hard to believe 2nd is done. She had a great year with an awesome teacher, but I think this girl is ready for a break! She has lots of fun things planned for the summer - beach trips, Mimi weeks, summer camp, and even a couple weeks at Fielder's school! We are so proud of her accomplishments (straight A's all year!!) and can't wait to see what the next school year brings.
We celebrated the last day of school at a pool party with this awesome foam pit! (and ice cream!)







No comments:
Post a Comment