We had a "revolving door" holiday weekend! After returning from the beach, Fielder and I were back to our normal schedules. Claire and Rob however were still on vacation! On Friday they took a trip to Water Country then went straight to the Barnes river house to join up with Bob, Coral, and Jake. All of this was very hard to keep under wraps from Fielder. On the way home from school Friday I tried my best to sell it as "special Mommy/Fielder time" and he just wasn't buying it. He wanted Mommy/Fielder time, but WITH Claire and Daddy. Oh well, I got him Chick-fil-A for dinner and that seemed to help. While they were at the river Saturday, Fielder and I spent the day at the pool. Then Sunday morning we all left for the Hulcher's river house for our annual 4th of July family gathering. I was bummed to only spend a day there, but I'll be honest...Fielder was getting on my very last, very frazzled nerve and I couldn't take much more of him there. The kids were all very excited to be together and we made the best of the day, even in the rain! The kids swam in the hot tub for a long time (warm tub), we went for a rainy boat ride, had crabs for lunch, a couple dune buggy rides, and best of all spent some time with the newest family members, Virginia and Olivia!
We drove back Sunday night and had our neighborhood 4th of July party on Monday (rain kind of ruined that plan.)
We also got some great new t-shirts from Aunt Bradford and Uncle Chuck! Amazingly we got this picture while everyone was awake and mostly smiling! Thanks everyone for a fun river day!







No comments:
Post a Comment