Sunday, October 7, 2012

5 Year Check-up

Turning 5 is a big deal......and so is the 5 year check-up at the doctor's office.  I knew what was in store for her so I was pretty nervous about it.  We met with a new doctor that I really liked and she was very friendly with Claire.  I was proud of Claire for handling all the normal check-up stuff really well.  She's 36lbs and 44"...or 46" I can't remember.  She did great on the eye test - marched back there all by herself and they said she knew all the letters.
Then came the shots.  She had several shots plus a finger prick AND flu mist (which to her is worse than a shot.)  Poor girl, I had to hold her down while she screamed and Fielder cried in his stroller.  I get a nervous laugh so I was laughing like crazy and the whole time thinking "please let this be over soon....please be done....I'll give you anything you want...I'm so sorry!"  I took her to pick out a toy at Five and Below and she picked this really cool jumping frog game.  Then we got ice cream on the way home!
***Note to self:  The urine test is NEXT year.  Perhaps giving her a ton of juice on the way to the doctor so that she'd be ready to pee in a cup kind of backfired since I completely forgot to have her use the potty when we were done.  And also, FYI...Five and Below does NOT have a public bathroom.
Here she is showing off her band-aids (along with witches hat, sunglasses, princess heels, and sad face.)  She refused to take the band-aids off and would have kept them for days, but Fielder ripped them right off for her.  Problem solved!
Even Rob (who really isn't a "game guy") likes playing the frog game!  Here he is playing some serious Flippin' Frogs with his girl.








In other news, the following day was Lunch Bunch at school.  This was the first time Claire has gotten to stay for lunch bunch and she was SO excited about it.  She's showing off her new lunch box from Aunt Sally.  When I picked her up, I noticed she looked especially tired.  We got home, she went straight upstairs, climbed in bed (shoes still on) and said she needed a rest.  I guess it was a combination of the shots and the longer day at school, but she took a nice little nap for the first time in ages.

 

No comments: