
I've been wanting to take Claire to Carter Mountain for several years now and we finally made the trip this past weekend to go apple picking. It was a gorgeous day and we had such a nice time. We drove up as early as we could after everyone told us how crowded it gets. I couldn't believe how many people were just pouring in. It had been at least 10-15 years since I'd been there and I certainly don't remember that much of a crowd! See Claire poking her head through the red apple? She said that was her favorite part of the day. She kept getting back in line to put her head through and would smile and pose, waiting for someone/anyone to take her picture. (We have a photo of Andy and I with that apple and Sebastian putting his head through from 15 years ago!)
Once we arrived, we hiked it up the mountain for the Fuji apples while Mimi stayed near the barn (and snagged us a dozen Apple Cider Donuts!)
I think Claire really thought it was fun, although she spent more time eating apples than actually picking them. It didn't take long to fill 2 big bags and the apples that we sampled were delicious! Fielder hung out on Daddy's back the whole time.
After we hiked it back down, we did the hayride and then had a picnic lunch. You couldn't have asked for better weather or a better view. Lately I've really been "craving" the mountains and it was just great to be up there. Such a lovely day! Now I just have to get to work using up all 30lbs of apples. Tomorrow I'll be baking my very first apple pie....



No comments:
Post a Comment