Friday, October 19, 2012

Let the Halloween festivities begin!


We went to the Y for their Halloween Trunk-or-Treat after dinner tonight.  (I can't find a blog post about it from last year....we went and I was huge & pregnant, tired & grumpy, and I remember an "incident" involving smores that left Claire and I both in tears....I guess that's why I never blogged about it?!)  So we decided to go tonight and give Claire a first round at dressing up.  She's come up with no less than 7 ideas of what she wants to be for Halloween.  I had found this cute little vest at the kids consignment store and came up with a cowgirl costume that she decided on for tonight.  We were very lucky to get not just 1, but 2 hand-me-down costumes for Fielder.  I love this lion one!!  He had fun riding around and watching the kids while Claire got some treats.  The night was starting to go downhill....I was told the "haunted trail" was not scary at all, but the second we started somebody jumped out of the bushes and scared Claire to death.  Then I took her over to the cookies to get her mind off of that and we waited patiently in line.  I could see that there were only a couple left and as soon as it was her turn, an adult came up behind her, reached over her head and took the very last one!!  I couldn't believe that she actually did that!!  Claire found a small piece that had been broken off and seemed content with that.  We wrapped things up and headed home before we had 2 tired and cranky kids on our hands.  It was a fun night and I'm glad we went.  I just hope I don't have a "visitor" in the middle of the night with nightmares about haunted trails!




 

No comments: