Our first visit to the pool this summer went GREAT! Everybody knows I am so nervous about handling the pool with both kids, so I was excited to try it out on the weekend when Rob could come too. Fielder was nervous for a minute, but then he completely warmed up to it and loved being in the water! Rob took him into the deeper part of the pool and just walked around with him and let him splash - Rob said it was the best 20 minutes he'd spent with Fielder ever! I hung out in the shallow end where Claire was super excited to figure out that she can touch the bottom now. She was able to go all around and sort of doggy-paddle. She was beyond proud of herself and wanted to show anyone and everyone that she can now "swim!" (She starts lessons tonight which might be a rude awakening to her that she does not in fact know how to swim completely!) It was a very successful 1st trip and we are looking forward to many more days at the pool.....I bet by the end of the summer Claire will be swimming and diving around like a mermaid (fingers crossed.)
No comments:
Post a Comment