Friday, June 14, 2013

The End of an Era

Today I am thankful.  Thankful for being able to send Claire to preschool for the last 3 years.  Thankful for being a stay-at-home mom so that I can take her through the carpool line and see her each day waiting in line to be picked up.  Thankful for the teachers (and a director!) that have loved her and cared for her.  And thankful for one final "hoorah" at summer camp for the past week.  I took my final drive through the carpool line - until it's Fielder's turn - and of course was a little emotional. 

As I was being "that weird mom" that takes pictures of the actual carpool line and my number in the window, I happened to look over when Claire's teacher opened her arms wide for a hug.  I was doing pretty good until I saw that and then the tears started to flow. 

I know she's bummed that summer camp is over.  I think it's sinking in that she's not going back to preschool again.  And she asked me in the car if tomorrow is Kindergarten.  I think we'll make a count-down-to-Kindergarten calendar!

We are so thankful!! 

Stolen from my friend's blog, (which apparently I also stole her blog title and didn't even realize it - sorry Sarah!) here is a wonderful quote from Dr. Seuss:
"Don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened."
 

No comments: